Version 1.5.4 (36) - Released 02/20/18
• VideoBuffet now resolves aliases and symlinks to movie files when opening folders.
Version 1.5.3 (35) - Released 01/08/18
• Added new movie end option, "Do nothing". It doesn't Advance to Next, and it doesn't Loop. It does... nothing.
Version 1.5.2 (34) - Released 12/22/17
• FIxed a bug which caused Boss Key to not work properly when in Full Screen mode when VB was the only app running.
Version 1.5.1 (33) - Released 10/18/17
• Fixed a bug which caused Control+Click to not behave as a right click
Version 1.5 (32) - Released 10/15/17
• Touch Bar support for MacBook Pro
• Option to filter displayed movies by label (see the Browse menu)
• Shows the movie controller when hovering over movies
• Made left/right arrow keys rewind/advance movie by 15 seconds (expanded or single play mode)
• Option + left/right arrow keys step a single frame (expanded or single play mode)
• Right-click option to Move to Trash (which you can also Undo)
• Swipe gestures (Magic Trackpad) to expand/contract movie
• Fixed issue whereby dragging many files onto VideoBuffet would erroneously create two windows
• Other minor enhancements and bug fixes
Version 1.4.1 (30) - Released 08/24/16
• Fixed a bug which caused Preserve Aspect Ratio setting to not be properly preserved.
• Fixed a bug which caused funny things to happen if you resized the window very small.
Version 1.4 (29) - Released 08/15/16
• Greatly improved loading (and playback) of many types of videos
• Added optional "Advance to next" playback mode to automatically play a bunch of movies in order
• Added “Advance to next” right-click menu option to skip to the next movie
• Show the movie controller when scrubbing (hold down the Command key!)
• Added Play/Pause button to the default toolbar
• Many smaller UI enhancements
• Fixed a bug which caused Boss Key to sometimes not work properly
• Many other minor bug fixes
Version 1.3 (26) - Released 01/27/16
• Added sorting by name, path, date, label, size and more
• Now remembers the last folder navigated to
• UI enhancements for Mac OS 10.10 and higher
• Bug fixes
Version 1.2 (24) - Released 11/18/14
• BOSS KEY! Just hit B to hide VideoBuffet, for covert video watching.
• Resigned Welcome screen shows recent movie folders
• Customizable background color
• Removed the awful linen background - what is this, 2012?
• Fixed a bug which caused Show in Finder to not work in single movie mode
• Fixed a bug which caused improper window autosizing when navigating between movies in single movie mode
• Fixed a bug which caused duplicate movies when opening fewer than displayed
Version 1.1.2 (19) - Released 01/17/14
• Added option to close expanded movies when done playing (disabling looping)
• Added option to play audio of all movie simultaneously
• Numerous minor bug fixes
Version 1.1.1 (15) - Released 10/19/13
• Mac OS 10.9 compatibility
• Fixed a bug which caused the Finder label feature to not work properly
• Made movie scrubbing smoother (especially in multi-movie mode)
Version 1.1 (14) - Released 08/31/13
• Implemented option to preserve aspect ratio (vs. stretch to fill space)
• Implemented setting of Finder Labels via right-click menu
• Implemented menu item, toolbar button to pause all playing movies
• Added way to scrub all playing movies (hold Command+Shift while hovering over any movie)
• Increased speed of moving finding 2x - 4x
• Find movies on a separate thread for more responsive UI
• Revamped random algorithm to never show duplicates
• Fixed bug which could cause crash if dragging entire home folder onto app
• Fixed bug which caused the spacebar to not toggle play/pause on some occasions
• Various other bug fixes and enhancements
Version 1.0.3 (5) - Released 10/27/12
• Retina graphics for new MacBook Pros
• Added right-click options to Expend, Show in Finder
• Navigate amongst movies with the arrow keys
• Fixed a bug which caused an empty window to open when dragging movies onto VideoBuffet
• Fixed a bug which caused Command key scrubbing to sometimes scrub multiple moves
Version 1.0.2 (4) - Released 02/14/12
• Automatically detects when recommended 3rd party codecs are missing, and provides installation instructions.
• Improved stability through revamped memory management.
• Fixed a bug which caused the window to disappear when attempting to open unsupported movie files.
Version 1.0.1 (2) - Released 01/20/12
• New feature: hold down the Command key while hovering over any movie to scrub through it
• Volume changes are now persistent, so you don't have to keep adjusting the volume
• Fixed a bug that sometimes caused movies to be muted when expanding
• Fixed a bug which caused occasional audio glitches when navigating amongst movies
• Added Twitter link to Help menu
Version 1.0 (1) - Released 12/15/11
• Initial release